On day 82, protesters march the streets and target MPs
- Groups of students and teachers in Beirut marched from the Judicial Palace, passing through the Ring Bridge and Association of Banks before arriving at the parliament. In Tripoli, protesters began a march from Al—Nour Square to different parts of the city, stopping to protest outside the houses of the City’s deputies.
- Meanwhile, a group of protesters in Beirut gathered outside the Central Bank in Hamra to denounce its policies and corruption.
- On Sunday night, protesters in Beirut forced out Deputy Parliament Speaker Elie Ferzli from a restaurant in Gemmayze, chanting, “thief” and “All of them means all of them; Elie is one of them.”
Protesters block roads, demanding the release of detainees
- Protesters blocked roads in Zouk Mosbeh and organized a sit—in outside the Sarba police station to demand the release of George Azzi. Azzi was arrested for blocking a road in Nahr el—Kalb on Sunday night.
- Meanwhile, protesters in Akkar and the North blocked main roads, demanding the release of Jihad Abro. Abro was arrested after an altercation between protesters and security forces outside Blom Bank on the 1st of January.
- On Sunday night, protesters blocked Beirut’s Ring Bridge and roads in Tripoli and Dora, in addition to burning tyres in Dora, Zouk Mosbeh, Jal el—Dib, and Tripoli.
REPOSTED FROM @Megaphonenews