- 8 new cases, 878 cases, 236 recoveries, 26 deaths
- MINISTRY OF TOURISM WALKS BACK NO-DELIVERY DECISION. The Ministry of Tourism announced that it would allow restaurants to operate only for delivery services during the four-day lockdown, beginning at Wednesday 7:00pm. This decision amended a previous announcement made on Wednesday noon that included restaurants and delivery services in the complete lockdown.
Taalbaya activist Rabih Chemali released
- Rabih Chemali, an activist from Taalbaya who had been detained by the Intelligence Unit on April 30, was released.
Martyr Hussein Attar's killer arrested
- The General Security arrested K.A.A, killer of martyr Hussein Attar, after he had fled to Syria. Attar was martyred in the early beginnings of the revolution on October 19, 2019 when he was trying to prevent bribery on the airport road.
Waddah Ghanwi and Mahmoud Mroueh set free
- Activists Waddah Ghanwi and Mahmoud Mroueh were released on Wednesday, after the Intelligence Unit arrested them on charges of throwing a bomb at Fransabank's Saida branch on April 25.
Curfew starts tomorrow at 6:00 P.M.
- Minister of Interior and Municipalities Mohamed Fahmy issued a decision clarifying the government's announcement of a four day complete closure, starting 7:00 PM on Wednesday to 5:00 AM on Monday, May 18. In accordance:
- 1. Banks, private companies, the corniche, and shopping centers will be completely closed.
- 2. Curfew is amended to be from 6:00pm-5:00am.
- 3. Vehicles will still have to abide by the odd/ even decorum, with a full lockdown on movement on Sunday.
- 4. Exempt from this decision are hospitals, pharmacies, food sectors (supermarkets, sweet shops, etc.), as well as members of the press, army officers, Lebanese Red Cross members and essential public service workers.