Day 73: Protests target Diab and banks
- Protesters called for the resignation of PM designate Hassan Diab, gathering in front of his residence in Tallet el Khayat in Beirut. Some protesters came by bus from Tripoli to participate in the demonstration.
- Protesters gathered in front of the Central Bank in Hamra. They then entered the nearby branch of BLC Bank, sitting on counters and demonstrating in waiting areas. Protesters also protested inside Al Mawarid Bank and read a statement to protest the lawsuit filed by its owner, Marwan Kheiredine, against Rabih el Amine for criticizing him on social media.
- In Nabatieh, protesters also marched around the City, protesting in front of banks and raising the banner: “Enough Theft”.
In the Beqaa, minors interrogated for defaming Aoun poster
- Twelve minors and three adults from Kfarzabad were interrogated at Riyaq police station in the Bekaa for their alleged participation in ripping up pictures of politicians, including that of President Michel Aoun.
- Two adults remain detained awaiting further investigation. All 12 minors and one adult were made to sign pledges before their release. By law, minors cannot sign pledges, and lawyers affirm that pledge signature is illegal.
- Protesters gathered in front of Riyaq police station in the Bekaa to stand in solidarity with them.
REPOSTED FROM @Megaphonenews