On day 46, nationwide protests call for a transitional government
- Protests swept different cities and towns in Lebanon, stressing on the formation of a transitional government exclusive of the current political establishment.
- In Beirut, hundreds marched from different points towards Martyrs' Square in what has been called “the Sunday of Clarity." In Tripoli, protesters marched through the city's major squares and streets, some! The overthrow of the president. Protesters also marched from Kfar Ruman to Nabatiye while banging on pots and plastic bottles.
- A women's march was organized in Sidon, mirroring similar initiatives in Ain el-Rimmeneh / Chiyah and Tabaris / Khandakel-Ghamiq.
Free Patriotic Movement supporters face off against protesters in Baabda
- Dozens of Free Patriotic Movement (FPM) supporters gathered early afternoon to denounce the criticism leveled against President Michel Aoun, chanting: "God, Lebanon, and Aoun only." Several FPM supporters equated Aoun to Jesus or to a prophet on social media and television channels.
- Responding to a call from several organizers, including the Sabaa Party, protesters were seen arriving to counter the pro-Aoun protest. Skirmishes broke out between the two camps, leading the Army to form a human chain in between.
REPOSTED FROM @Megaphonenews
Powered by Froala Editor