- 4 new cases, 725 cases, 150 recoveries, 24 deaths
- ZERO LOCAL CASES BUT DIAB CAUTIONS OF A SECOND WAVE IN JULY. Four expatriates, out of the 686 returnees, tested positive for COVID-19. However, no new local cases of COVID-19 were reported Thursday.
- Meanwhile, Prime Minister Hassan Diab stated that a second and smaller wave of the virus was anticipated in July. He warned that if the procedures are not followed, the second wave of the virus might return with 65% more cases.
Lebanon to apply for the IMF program
- In a speech after the cabinet meeting, Prime Minister Hassan Diab announced that the government had completed its financial and economic plan, which aims to restructure the banking and financial sectors.
- Diab affirmed that his government will apply for the International Monetary Fund's program. In doing so, the "technocrats" would have fulfilled the main objective that the ruling elite had hoped to achieve by forming this new government: surrendering Lebanon's economy to the IMF program.