Arrested protesters denied bail
- Mount Lebanon General Prosecutor Bassam Hage denied bail for Rabih El Zein, George Kazzi, and Mohamad Srour in order to pursue further investigation.
- Kazzi is accused of setting a bank’s ATM on fire in Zouk while Srour is accused of throwing a molotov cocktail at the Free Patriotic Movement’s Jounieh office. El Zein, on the other hand, has been accused of committing vandalism and blocking roads.
- El Zein, who has been transferred to Roumieh prison, was allegedly attacked by other inmates, according to his lawyer.
Palestinian refugees reject “deal of the century”
- Thousands of Palestinian refugees participated in marches and protests in camps across Lebanon to reject US. President Donald Trump’s proposed “peace plan.”
- Unveiled on Tuesday, the Trump administration’s proposal would strip Palestinian refugees the ability to return to their homeland, a right protected by international laws, while paving the way for a demilitarized, fragmented Palestinian state.
- Protesters have previously called for a general strike and have promised future escalations.
REPOSTED FROM @Megaphonenews