Hunger vs. Corona
- Residents of Mina Tripoli sounded the alarms on Friday night, when scores of them took to the streets in protest, denouncing dire living conditions.
- The "general mobilization" protocol and curfew imposed to curb the outbreak of COVID-19 cannot be sustained without a socioeconomic emergency plan that supports those dependent on a daily wage to survive.
MP Supporters Open Fire at Halba Protest
- Supporters of MP Walid Baarini shot at Halba protesters outside Halba's municipality building. Protesters had gathered in front of the municipality to denounce a meeting between Akkar's MPs and town mayors, organized by MP Hadi Hobeich. According to Halba's protesters, local MPs were exploiting the COVID-19 pandemic to polish their image and collect donations for shady purposes.
- 21 new cases, 412 cases, 30 recoveries, 8 deaths
- TODAY'S ORDERS: THE RETURN OF EXPATS: Speaker of Parliament Nabih Berri threatened to suspend his party's representation in cabinet if it chose to maintain its stance on expatriates' return to Lebanon. This was followed with statements by Prime Minister Hassan Diab, Foreign Minister Nassif Hitti, Hezbollah Secretary General Hassan Nasrallah, and Head of the Free Patriotic Movement Gebran Bassil, who all supported the safe return of expatriates who wished to travel back to Lebanon.
REPOSTED FROM @Megaphonenews