Roads flood after heavy rainfall
- Heavy rains led to widespread flooding across the country, submerging dozens of cars, homes, and shops. Locals reported sewage spill washing into the potable water. The Ministry of Labor and the airport experienced partial flooding.
- Some of the areas most affected included Ouzai, Khaldeh, Nehmeh, and the airport road. In Hermel and Minieh, the heavy snow blocked highways.
- Outraged residents took to social media and protesters blocked the Ring bridge in Beirut to demonstrate against the government’s neglect of public infrastructure. Two protesters were briefly arrested at the Ring. Meanwhile, Caretaker Public Works and Transportation Minister, Youssef Fenianos, said that the ministry was mainly responsible for highways and that Ouzai was not under its jurisdiction.
ZR Energy Company wins bid to import gasoline
- The Ministry of Energy selected ZR Energy over two other companies to import 150,000 tons of gasoline into Lebanon. ?-‘his amount meets 10% of the country’s needs.
- Under the Free Patriotic Movement’s (FPM) leadership of theMinistry of Energy and Water, ZR Energy, which is owned by Teddy and Raymond Zina Rahmeh, has won most of the recent tender bids.
- Meanwhile, the Caretaker Minister of Energy and Water, Nada Boustani, said that the first shipment will arrive soon as long as the procedures do not stall.
On day 54, Tripoli’s protesters throw garbage at politicians’ houses
- Protesters in Tripoli threw garbage outside politicians’ houses, including Ashraf Rifi, Mohamad Kabbara, Faisal Karami, and Najib Mikati.
- Karami’s bodyguards threw rocks and tiles at protesters from different angles of the building, leading protesters to retaliate and throw rocks back at them. The army intervened, firing teargas at protesters to disperse them, which led to injuries.
- Protesters in Taalbaya, Saadnayel, and Beirut persevered against the torrential weather to continue protesting against state corruption and the political establishment.
REPOSTED FROM @Megaphonenews
Powered by Froala Editor