On day 104, security forces attempt to evacuate the revolution’s squares
- Security forces tried to evacuate protesters from Martyrs’ Square in Beirut, and in Al Nour Square where they also attempted to remove the protestors’ tents to reopen the blocked roads.
- Groups of protestors headed to both squares under the slogan “No to oppressing the revolution”. More protesters later joined, organizing a sit—in on the streets and building new tents.
- Despite clear coordination among security forces to clear the protests in Beirut and Tripoli, the Interior Ministry’s press office released a statement denying any such decision, justifying the action with the need to reopen the roads and facilitate traffic.
Protest and clash at MEA’S office
- A number of employees from travel agencies protested in front of the Middle East Airlines’ office in Hamra, condemning the company’s decision to impose ticket payment in dollars while the agencies sell tickets at the official exchange rate.
- The protest developed into a clash inside the office, whereby employees attacked the protestors.
REPOSTED FROM @Megaphonenews