Closure of all educational institutions after the diagnosis of 4 COVID-19 coronavirus case
- Education Minister Tarek el Majzoub announced Friday evening the closure of all educational institutions including nurseries, schools, technical institutes and universities as of tomorrow Saturday 29/2 until the eve of Sunday 8/3/2020.
- Rafic Hariri Hospital confirmed that a 4th patient, a Syrian national, has contracted the coronavirus. The hospital received 25 suspected cases in its emergency ward in the last 24 hours, 16 of whom needed to be quarantined while the rest were instructed to be sequestered at home.
- Public Works Minister Michel Najjar announced the suspension of air, land, and sea transport from countries with overwhelming confirmed COVID-19 cases, except for excursions that exclusively carry Lebanese citizens.
Tyre mothers go after the Ja'afari Courts, Sidon's students condemn price increase
- A group of mothers from Tyre and other areas in the south organized a sit-in outside the Ja'afari Court in Tyre demanding the right of women to pass on the Lebanese citizenship to their children, as well as their right to custody.
- Meanwhile, students in Sidon organized a march to denunciate the country's increasing costs and monopolies. They affirmed their continued persistence in the revolution until all their demands were met.
REPOSTED FROM @Megaphonenews